Wednesday: We spent the morning shopping at my favorite Mitsokushi department store and buying my favorite thing there-kids shoes!!!! I took a picture for you to document the event. :) We walked around outside the store for a bit and Brent took some good photos of the scenery. We came back to the hotel, had some peanut butter and jelly in the room, took a nap and went swimming. I realize this is not very exciting but it's all I got. We received a call later from the lady at the orphanage stating that the medical documents arrived to AIT and all is well for us to pick up Olivia's visa tomorrow at 11:30am. Hooray! Thursday is our last full day here and then we fly home Friday morning 7:30am. This means we have to leave our hotel at 4:20am-yuck! We are so excited to get home and see the kids. It's been pure torture being away from them for so long.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday/Wednesday
Tuesday: We didn't manage to take any pictures on Tuesday partially because there wasn't much to photo but also because we were lazy. We went to apply for Olivia's visa (AIT) at 8:00 in the morning and we were hoping that it would go without incident but we weren't so lucky. Apparently there was a medical test (AIDS)that hadn't been done and recorded and AIT had requested a new test to be done. We brought them the results of the test to the appointment but they wanted a new form signed by the same doctor that had written the first report. The difficulty comes in that the doctor that wrote the first report is at Kaosiung hospital all the way at the bottom of the island. We had to locate him and ask him to write a new report, send it back to Taipei and all done in time for us to leave on our plane Friday morning. They assured us that this could be done but ugh! After several hours at AIT we left and spent the rest of the day swimming and shopping. We found several Dora movies in Chinese and that has been a relief for boring hotel afternoons.
Wednesday: We spent the morning shopping at my favorite Mitsokushi department store and buying my favorite thing there-kids shoes!!!! I took a picture for you to document the event. :) We walked around outside the store for a bit and Brent took some good photos of the scenery. We came back to the hotel, had some peanut butter and jelly in the room, took a nap and went swimming. I realize this is not very exciting but it's all I got. We received a call later from the lady at the orphanage stating that the medical documents arrived to AIT and all is well for us to pick up Olivia's visa tomorrow at 11:30am. Hooray! Thursday is our last full day here and then we fly home Friday morning 7:30am. This means we have to leave our hotel at 4:20am-yuck! We are so excited to get home and see the kids. It's been pure torture being away from them for so long.









Wednesday: We spent the morning shopping at my favorite Mitsokushi department store and buying my favorite thing there-kids shoes!!!! I took a picture for you to document the event. :) We walked around outside the store for a bit and Brent took some good photos of the scenery. We came back to the hotel, had some peanut butter and jelly in the room, took a nap and went swimming. I realize this is not very exciting but it's all I got. We received a call later from the lady at the orphanage stating that the medical documents arrived to AIT and all is well for us to pick up Olivia's visa tomorrow at 11:30am. Hooray! Thursday is our last full day here and then we fly home Friday morning 7:30am. This means we have to leave our hotel at 4:20am-yuck! We are so excited to get home and see the kids. It's been pure torture being away from them for so long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
O my gosh no more videos. I am balling my eyes out. -Uncle David
Hey, hang in there! I loved the videos and the pictures - so precious to see the three of you. I'm so glad that the AIT issues worked out - that's stress you didn't need, but I'm happy to hear that you're back on schedule and I'm sure that you can't wait to get home.
And cool shoes!!
So thankful everything seems to be on track now with Olivia's visa! Thanks for letting us all be a part of your journey. Amy, you look adorable :) Can't wait to hopefully get together when you are back!
Ann
Yeah! I'm so happy for your beautiful family. Cute hair, by the way! Give Olivia a huge hug from me. We can't wait to see you. Let me know when we can get together once you get settled in to your routine.
Love you!
CONGRATS you guys!!!!
Olivia is beautiful and looks like she is adjusting very well!!!
So happy for you all!!
Love the videos!
Mel
www.ouradoptionstory-blessed.blogspot.com
CONGRATS Amy and Brent!! Glad to hear you got the AIT issue worked out and you'll be able to come home as planned. Olivia is just adorable!!
Hi Amy and Brent!
So glad to hear your issue with AIT is ok... I loved the videos and might I say how gorgeous you look Amy with your haircut...
Love the shoes... This is my thing also with the kiddos... Olivia looks to be so happy and smitten with you both... Hope things are going great. Won't be long and you will be home as a family of 5. Thanks for sharing...
Love the videos! We have tears in our eyes watching how you interact with one another, so lovely! Cannot wait to see you back with her. Pray for a smooth process at the VISA office and safe journey back to US. Love you, the Dougherty's
So sorry about the hiccup with the paperwork but glad everything worked out okay.
The video's are wonderful, Olivia is such a precious girl and she has been so well prepared to meet you. Killer smile she has!
Congrats again :)
I love Tuesday/Wednesday. Tennis shoes, swimming and Dora. Isn't childhood wonderful? I am praying for peace and comfort for you as you are missing your little ones back home. Just think very soon you all will be together with no need to be separated again! If swimming is something you all want to do after you get settled we'd love to set it up!
Love,
Kimberly
How wonderful that the paperwork came so fast!!! I'm sure you'll be happy to get back to the other kids. She is beautiful.
Cari
Mom to Cormac/Ty's foster brother
Hey guys!!
We have been checking in daily!! She is beautiful, and so glad to hear that everything is back on track. You are all in our prayers, be safe, and we would love to get together and meet Olivia sometime when you are home and all settled!! God bless and love to all!!
Love, Heather and Family :)
Great to see your daughter so happy.
you know what's around your favorite store. They are all tutoring center. isn't stressfula nd Crazy!!
miss you guys
Post a Comment