My guilty conscience over not posting has gotten the better of me. Here goes: We were able to pick up the Visa Thursday and rejoiced that we could leave as planned. We spent most of Thursday swimming and relaxing and packing for the ride home. Friday morning we left the hotel at 4:30am for the airport. I woke up with a smile knowing I was going home to see the other children and to finally have everyone in one house. Olivia woke up all smiles and was so excited to get on the airplane. Olivia is so brave and really never showed any fear over the unknown but simply trusted us to take care of her. We were pretty nervous over the plane ride as far as how we were going to entertain Olivia for 17 hours. No need to fear because she was great. She stayed awake for the flight to Japan and then when we reboarded for Michigan (business class, of course) she stayed awake for awhile then napped, woke up for some Dora movies and then back to sleep for the rest of the flight. We couldn't have asked for a better situation. I was pretty miserable during the flight as I decided no pregnant woman should have to sit in an airplane chair for 17 hours. Oh well.
We arrived home Friday noon and you should have seen our house. My mom had balloons and welcome home signs everywhere. Samantha ran up to Olivia so excited to greet her and Olivia kept saying Jie Jie (big sister) and they were hugging one another. We had a great lunch made by mom and it was great to see all our family. She greated everyone with a hello and played with toys throughout the house. Samantha was all smiles.
Ty was napping when we arrived home but when he woke up he didn't seem himself. I decided it was from all the changes, but I was wrong because he had a high temperature. This is why I haven't posted like I should. From Friday until today (Monday afternoon) Ty has stuggled with a fever from 101-103.6 and it's been really tough. We are all so tired but Ty can't sleep at night because he is so uncomfortable. Last night, for example, Brent and I slept from 10-12pm and 5-7am. We are exhausted. I feel like I haven't slept in two weeks because in Taiwan I was all off and now back here I am off again. Oh well, this too shall pass. I think today is the first day that Ty is back on track.
As far as Olivia's adjustment Brent and I are continually amazed at how well she is doing. There have been few tears and she has shown such resiliance throughout this whole process. She is a genuinely happy girl and very loving. She seems happy to be here and is taking everything in stride.
Thank you for following our journey thus far. I haven't taken one picture since we have been home but I promise to post some pics of all the family together.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, what a trooper Olivia is! What a wonderful welcome home you got. So sorry about poor Ty you must all be soooooooo tired at this point.
Wishing you lots of "catch up" sleep and congrats on having your family altogether under the same roof at last.
Amy, I'm so glad to hear that your trip home was uneventful and that Olivia did so well. SO cute that she and Samantha greeted each other like that!
Sorry to hear about Ty not feeling well, but glad that he seems back on track now.
Get some rest!!!
Welcome Home! If I could bottle sleep for you I would. Your posts are so enjoyable to read. What an exciting life you have.
I'm so glad to hear of your safe return and of the super greeting for Olivia. I hope you all can spend a day in your pj's watching Curious George :-)
Love,
Kimberly
Thank goodness you are home safe and sound! Sounds like you made the best of the crazy plane ride (for yourself I mean) But yuck!
I'm so glad to hear that Olivia is fitting in and having fun - what a brave girl! Poor Ty! Get your sleep before the other two get the fever, right? Aw, Amy - so glad you are home!!!
So glad to hear that you are home and a family! Olivia is so tough and I am even proud of her. And Samantha, sounds amazing! You should be proud! I hope Ty is feeling better and pregnant Mommy is getting some sleep:) Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment