Monday, March 24, 2008

Surprise pictures

We received double the good news today. This morning I checked email and I found a note from my caseworker saying that we had our hearing on March 19th. What a great thing. We only waited nine days between logging into court to having the hearing date. Last time we waited six weeks. This has to be a good sign!! This afternoon Brent went to the mailbox and found a letter from the agency in Taiwan. Enclosed in the envelope was a letter from the foster workers caring from Olivia currently and also photos of her. What a nice thing for them to do. We have added the new photos to the blog and I will copy the email about our court hearing.
"The Pfeiffer's hearing in Family Court was on March 19th and everything went well. We now are in the waiting period for CWLF investigation and recommendation to go the the judge and for her to issue the first decree. Could be 4-8 weeks but timing is always fairly unpredictable."





5 comments:

Joyce said...

What a doll she is.
She looks sooo happy.
I hope she gets home fast...

Rydley said...

Oh, she is just so endearingly sweet!

Anonymous said...

aw...what sweet pictures! =)

Lori said...

Hi Amy,

What a beautiful family you have! And congratulations on your new daughter! I know how excited you must be to just GO GET HER!

We have 2 boys (ages 7 and almost 5) whom we adopted from Colombia as infants. We are now interested in adopting a sister for them--someone between the age of 2-5. I would LOVE to chat with you about adopting from Taiwan if you would have some time. We live in Traverse City and my e-mail address is monstair@gmail.com. We have applied to our agency for a third adoption but are at a bit of a standstill right now as to where to adopt from. Colombia is a LONG wait! So if you wouldn't mind contacting me I would very much appreciate it!

Thank you Amy, and again--congratulations!

Lori :

Shana said...

I can't get enough of the kids shooting the "peace" sign. I need to have Mia keep practicing that now that she is at home. At first that was all she did for the camera, and now I miss it.

Olivia is just beautiful!
-Shana