Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally, Finally some news!








From November 20th to February 14th we had no news but finally on February 15th we have some developments!!!!!!! Look at our beautiful new daughter, isn't she wonderful?!!!! I saw the DHL truck pull up and I ran outside to meet him like a crazy person and then I opened up the envelope expecting to find only papers and I was blessed with a CD of new pictures. Thank you Jesus for this blessing!! She is modeling a blue shirt that we sent over in December for her birthday package along with the Winnie the Pooh book. How special to see her with the gifts that we sent. It really makes it feel real and it seems like maybe she knows that we are real too and that we want her. The paperwork we received in the envelope is what is required to start the court process. The estimated timeline for completion of the court process is six months. That puts us in Taiwan sometime around August-another hot hot trip. We have traveled two times in July and this will be our third summer trip. I hear that each year in Taiwan there is a season where you have to wear coats and long pants but we only have seen sweat and scalding sun. Oh well, not even a hot August could stop us now. Needless to say, this has been a great day.

4 comments:

Mark & Mel Harpold said...

YAY AMY!!!
I have been checking here often to see what was going on! So glad to hear that you finally heard something! I'm sure you are all so excited to get new pictures!
I remember stalking our FedEx guy!! We are leaving for Ethiopia on March 1st to pick up our 8 month old daughter Myliah! Things happened really fast after referral, (Jan 15th) so we are in a whirlwind of getting things ready to go!
Take care and I will keep checking back for more news!
Congrats!
Mel
www.totsites.com/tot/journeytoafrica
www.ouradoptionstory-blessed.blogspot.com

Shana said...

OH Amy! What great pics and great news! I am so excited for your family! You will soon be THE expert on travel to TW. What another exciting time in your lives!
Best Wishes,
Shana

taiwanbaby said...

so happy to see you are getting in the court system finally!!!! how amazing to get all those wonderful pictures. she is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! God is so good!